Police Station, Magistrates & Crown Court
Free Police Station advice and assistance
Expert advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including Christmas Day
“Taxi” service to and from Police Station and Court
Over 40 years experience in achieving the right result
Excellent success rate
Summary only motoring offences
under Part I of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and s89 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
How much does it cost?
We undertake this work on a fixed fee basis. Our fees are:-
Not Guilty Plea Trial: £750.00 plus VAT @ 20% making a total of £900.00
Single Guilty Plea Mitigation Hearing: £300 plus VAT @ 20% making a total of £360.00
Single Hearing Exceptional Hardship: £400 plus VAT @ 20% making a total of £480.00
The above fees include the following service:
- Attendance upon you taking your instructions
- Preparation and considering evidence
- Providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing in the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
What is the procedure?
The key stages are:-
- You will meet with us to provide your instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure and any other evidence and provide advice.
- We will arrange to take any witness statements, if necessary, but this will have an additional cost depending on the number of witnesses.
- We will explain the court procedure to you so that you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half of the day
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Who will be dealing with my case?
Brian Cross – Solicitor
Brian has been a qualified Solicitor for over 30 years dealing with all types of criminal law from motoring cases to murder. Brian has dealt with hundreds of cases. He is extremely tenacious in cross examinations and has a very high success rate on trials.
Nick Cross – Solicitor
Nick is an experienced Solicitor who deals with complex issues of Law and has been an accredited Police Station Representative for over 10 years in addition to being a competent court advocate.
Victoria Handley – Solicitor
Victoria is a Solicitor with over 15 years experience in dealing with criminal law matters, from motoring offences to more serious offences. She has a reputation for achieving excellent results in the Magistrates Court.
Frank Seery – Legal Assistant
Frank enjoys a reputation as a good listener and provides a sympathetic approach to clients needs. Frank is another experienced Criminal Practitioner, having been a Police Station Representative for over 25 years.